The 2011 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Victorian Chapter of IABC will be held on Thursday, 18 August commencing 17:30 prompt at Christies Offices, 454 Collins St, Melbourne.
To meet the requirements of the Associations Incorporation Act 1981, IABC Victoria must hold an AGM within five months after the end of the Association's financial year at which it must:
- Confirm the minutes of the preceding AGM or special general meeting
- Receive Committee reports on activities of the Association during the preceding financial year
- Elect Committee (Board) Members of the Association
- Submit a financial statement containing particulars of the income and expenditure during its last financial year, and the assets and liabilities of the association at the end of its last financial year (balance sheet)
Elect Committee (Board) Members of the Association
Nominations are open for Vice President (president-elect) plus a number of board member positions. All members are encouraged to nominate and join a great team of volunteers. Enclosed with this note is:
- Nomination for Board form
- Mode of Operation IABC Victoria
- Job description for Vice President (only)
- Job description for Board roles
Nominations will close on Friday, 22 July 2011 and should be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the nominee’s Curriculum Vitae.
I would also like to take the opportunity to mention that the Board is always looking for volunteers outside that of the Board positions. Please do make yourself known to any of the Board members of your interest or contact us via http://vic.iabc.com/contact-us/.
In line with previous years, the IABC Victoria will establish a Nominations Committee to ensure that the nominations process is transparent without impacting on the privacy of our members. This process proves very beneficial to all parties involved and will, therefore, be adhered to for the 2011 AGM. It is important that representation on the Board consists of the right people in the right positions to ensure value for our members.
Representatives on the nominations committee change annually to ensure ongoing transparency of proceedings. The nominations committee will comprise of:
- Two representatives (volunteers) from our membership base (non current board members)
- The Public Officer
- Past President
- President-elect (VP)
- Current President (non voting)
All members are welcome to participate in the AGM including those who are nominating themselves for Board positions. If you are planning to attend, please inform Jen Quilty on email@example.com by Monday, 8 August at the very latest.
Chapter President, IABC Victoria