If you’d like to build your professional brand and network, while helping to shape the communication profession, a role on IABC Victoria’s Board might be for you.
IABC Victoria is seeking passionate, experienced communicators to join its Board and help build the communication profession in 2017.
With more than 800 individual, corporate and student members and subscribers, IABC Victoria is the largest and one of the fastest growing IABC chapters outside North America. As an IABC Victoria member you can benefit from professional development, connection to your peers and global industry recognition.
Taking your involvement a step further and joining the IABC Victoria Board can give you a unique opportunity to:
- Help shape your profession
- Gain non-profit Board experience – understand the organisational dynamics, etiquette and governance of a Board
- Gain perspectives from outside your organisation
- Develop collaborative teamwork skills with a set of accomplished peers
- Build your CV and professional brand
- Broaden your local and global network with leading communicators
- Play an important role in building the IABC brand in Victoria
Read about what drives our current Board to be part of the IABC Victoria community. If you’d like to be part of the team, we have a broad range of positions available as some of our current board members are finishing their terms.
To be eligible to nominate, you need to be a current IABC member. You can join IABC Victoria through our online membership portal.
The positions and portfolios that are available for nomination include:
- Vice President (President-Elect)
- Professional Development (Events)
- Student and Academic Liaison
If you’d like to know more about how you can expand your professional skills and give back to the profession, please contact IABC Victoria’s President, Deb Lemcke:
M: 0478 742 265
Board nominations close at COB Friday 23 December 2016. The IABC Victoria Chapter Board will be formally confirmed at the AGM in March 2017.