What is the President’s Award?
The President’s Award is presented annually by the current IABC Victoria president, and recognises an IABC member for special service to IABC Victoria during the president’s term.
The President’s Award will be conferred upon one volunteer IABC Victoria member whose efforts, which include positively enhancing IABC Victoria’s reputation and image, have gone above and beyond that of what volunteers may usually undertake.
It’s an excellent way to receive formal recognition for your contribution to the communication profession.
The award recipient is elected annually by the IABC Victoria Executive Leadership Team (President, Vice President and Immediate Past President), and any current IABC Victoria member active for the previous 12 months is eligible for consideration. The member must be of good standing in the communication profession. Current IABC Victoria board members are included in this process.
How can I nominate a candidate?
Nominators must submit a one-page statement describing the reason for the nomination. The statement should clearly identify the most compelling reason for making the nomination and include specific examples that illustrate the person’s outstanding efforts and achievements rather than general complimentary statements.
- Nominations should provide specific details such as:
- The period of time during which the contributions occurred.
- How the individual’s work or actions brought positive attention to IABC Victoria.
- How the individual’s work may have impacted the functioning of IABC Victoria.
- How the individual’s performance has enhanced the work of others.
- Two referees – professional and/or within IABC.
- Nominations can be made by any IABC member; however self-nominations are not accepted. You can submit more than one nomination.
- Nominations entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be made by 31 May each year.
- The IABC Victoria Executive Leadership Team will assess nominations against the criteria and will decide by consensus if a nomination meets the criteria.
- The recipient will be announced at IABC Victoria’s annual Bronze Quill Awards Gala. In 2019, the recipient will be announced at the IABC Victoria Bronze Quill Awards & 20th Anniversary Gala on 29 July 2019.
Winner Spotlight – 2019 Recipient Salam Hasanein
Salam is an active IABC member and has served as a Board Member for the past two years. She co-chairs the Brand and Communication portfolio.
Outside IABC Victoria, she serves as Acting Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager with Broadspectrum for Netflow, a roads and infrastructure consortium managing the Western roads upgrade.
Salam is a tireless and dedicated professional whose contribution to the Board ensures IABC Victoria’s members are kept up-to-date with the latest IABC Victoria news and events. If you receive email updates or Tweets from IABC Victoria, chances are Salam is the voice behind them. She plays a committed and active leadership role on the Board and is praised by her peers for going above and beyond her portfolio scope and supporting others to ensure the chapter’s success.
Salam was presented with the President’s Award the 2019 Bronze Quill Awards and 20th Anniversary Gala Dinner. Congratulations Salam!