In an ever competitive employment market job hunters need to stand out from the crowd. Ongoing career development is a must. IABC offers a range of options to be more, by challenging and raising your skills to the next level.
The Communicator Competency Model is a comprehensive framework communicators of all levels can use to benchmark skills and identify development areas. Many of the development options recommended are free and likely to already exist within your workplace. To learn more download the three step IABC communications competency audit now.
For more than 40 years the IABC Quill Awards have rigorously tested and rewarded the work of business communicators. Submit your finest piece of work from 2011 for a Quill Award now.
2012 Bronze and Gold Quill Award Submission Deadlines
- Early bird entrants: fee and submission received on or before 27 January 2012
- Last chance submission: fee and submission received by 10 February 2012. NOTE: higher fee is charged for last chance submissions.
IABC accreditation is the ultimate career development path for discerning communicators. This internationally recognised program is not for the faint hearted and requires candidates to complete a three-step process:
- Complete the accreditation application form and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a work portfolio. NOTE: A quill award submission can double as your portfolio!
- Sit a written and oral examination
October is accreditation month. Apply for accreditation before 15 November to receive a US$20 gift certificate to the IABC Knowledge centre and automatically enter the draw to win a range of great IABC prizes.