Over the last decade business storytelling has emerged as a powerful communication skill and leadership competency. In this workshop, Gabrielle Dolan will provide compelling reasons and insights for why leaders need to embrace storytelling to connect, engage and inspire. The audience will experience first-hand the power of sharing personal stories to communicate business messages. In addition, they will gain valuable insights on what makes a story a story and how to avoid the most common mistakes when sharing stories in business.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand the various storytelling styles in business.
- Explore what makes a story a story.
- Discover the difference between traditional storytelling and business storytelling.
- Learn how to construct, structure and deliver a story.
- Develop stories that engage and inspire individuals and teams.
- Gain a framework that will help you generate purposeful stories in the future.
- Discuss the various applications of storytelling in business.
The workshop also includes a 90-day follow up program consisting of a weekly email containing a short (1-2min) video to help participants consolidate and integrate their learning.
This workshop is normally valued at over $500 but as an active and valued member of the IABC Victoria community, Gabrielle Dolan has offered it to IABC Victoria members only at the very special price of $125. This a one-time offer and is limited to 30 participants (no extensions).
Not a member but want to come along? There’s a way to fix that. Join IABC Victoria today! You will not only get to hear the wisdom of Gabrielle, but you will save a few coins too. The cost of your 12-month membership plus attendance at The Art and Science of Storytelling is less than the price you’d usually pay to attend the workshop. It’s a win, win!
When: Monday 21 October 2019
Where: General Assembly, 12a/45 Williams Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
Time: 9:00am until 12:30pm (lunch provided)
Cost: Members only – $125