IABC Victoria is seeking to engage up to five student ambassadors to promote the benefits of IABC membership to students studying communication-related disciplines in Victoria for the 2017 academic year. We don’t believe in membership sales targets. Rather, that motivated students committed to developing their professional network will naturally wish to connect with us. This is where your advocacy for our organisation, professional development opportunities and monthly events will make a difference helping others grow their professional network.
Student Ambassadors will be required to:
- Work together with the IABC Victoria Student & Academic Liaison Chair and fellow student ambassadors to create a social media content plan and post content on social media platforms
- Strengthen connections with fellow student peers, as well as Academic Lecturers, to increase awareness of the benefits of IABC membership (this may include nominating to speak at lectures/events)
- Promote and encourage attendance of IABC events that may be of interest to students and academics
- Provide assistance at IABC events including meeting and greeting guests and registration assistant
- Contribute to brainstorming and strategy development for one student focused event
- Attend one monthly meeting, to discuss key action items
- Assist the events team with minor duties welcoming guests to our events.
What you’ll get as a Student Ambassador:
- Free one year IABC student membership (or a credit on your existing one – valued at $49 + one off $40 application fee)
- Free access to our monthly professional development events.
- The opportunity to work alongside IABC Victoria Board members and access to senior communication professionals.
- The opportunity to develop career prospects, build your skills and professional network.
- The chance to develop leadership experience.
- Access to latest industry news and trends via the IABC global network.
We want to hear from you:
If you are interested in becoming an IABC Victoria Student Ambassador and are continuing your studies for the full academic year in 2017, please tell us in one page or less:
- Why you’re passionate about studying communication/PR?
- What you do (work experience, sporting activities)?
- What is inspiring you to volunteer? How do you think you could help develop value for students through membership with IABC Victoria?
Send your expression of interest to Jenna Waite, Student and Academic Liaison, IABC Victoria by 20 January 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.