As many of you would be aware, the IABC is undertaking a journey of change to ensure that we are more relevant and responsive to member needs. Following a major global member survey in 2009/10, the IABC has developed a considered three-year strategy focusing on three fundamental pillars of career, content and business.
The implementation of this strategy has seen a great deal of activity and discussion. Some of the key accomplishments to date include:
- Definitions of the Global Standard, including principles for the profession and the role of the communication professional.
- Definition of career milestones and the need for an updated competency framework.
- Identification of four content themes that will drive IABC's content development going forward.
- Reinforcement of the strategic focus of research.
- Introduction of the process for planned changes to accreditation/certification
- Revitalization of the Gold Quill Awards program and awards evaluator training and designation that will boost the value of the program and the quality of evaluation provided to entrants.
A summary of the activity across these three pillars can be found here.
Zora Artis – IABC Victoria Vice President